Everyone Can Be an Excellent Fashion Designer
On April 27, YWIES Shanghai Gubei held two fashion design workshops with the theme of “Once upon a T-shirt” for Years 9-11 students who are interested in fashion design. It was instructed by Mr David Leung, the Designer of Versace, Guest Professor of Parsons School of Design, as well as Director of our Fashion Design programme. Parents were invited to join the programme talk as well as the workshop and exhibition.
In the workshop, Mr Leung explained how to turn their design ideas into sketching. Under his professional instruction, students poured their thoughts onto paper and created pieces of drawings.
Highlights of the workshop:
- What made Mr Leung leave his work in Milan, Paris and New York and return to China to start his fashion design education?
- What made a passionate high school student persist in overcoming obstacles in order to reach the forefront of fashion design industry?
- How did a young designer with a big dream successfully enter Versace and create the iconic “Medusa” logo for the brand without even having any interview opportunities in the first place?
- How is an ordinary T-shirt transformed into a fashionable item?
- What makes YWIES Fashion Design programme unique and advantageous in preparing students to enter top art schools in the world?